Dynalectric Company (Colorado) served as the prime contractor for this multi-phased data center addition and expansion project. By coordinating all trades, construction, and project management, Dynalectric Colorado saved the owner additional construction costs.
The project included 5,000 square feet of raised floor computer space, 5,000 square feet of mechanical and electrical support space, and a 7,500-square-foot enclosed exterior yard containing additional mechanical and electrical equipment. The entire facility is sized for a 1,162-kilowatt computer load.
The client required additions and expansions to their Hybrid Tier II/III, two-megawatt data center.
As prime contractor, Dynalectric Colorado managed and coordinated:
- Three-dimensional computer-assisted drafting
- Scheduling and phasing
- Information processing and distribution
- Document control and distribution
- Subcontractor and owner meetings
- Construction documentation and tracking
- Change order management
- GMP tracking and control
- Commissioning coordination and support
- Close-out documentation and management
- Complete field activity oversight
The scope of services included:
- A new 3000-ampere service
- A redundant 1.5-megawatt uninterruptible power supply system
- A 2250-kilowatt generator
- Twelve 225-kilovolt-ampere power distribution units
- Redundant switchgear and branch circuit monitoring
- Three new chillers
- Eight computer room air conditioning units
- Three cooling towers
Finally, Dynalectric Colorado tested and commissioned all systems as a whole and provided site improvements, including grading, landscaping, and paving.
The client is a technology company and a supplier of programmable logic devices.