Dynalectric Company (Colorado) performed all electrical work for the Regional Transport District (RTD) Denver Civic Center Station Bus Terminal renovation. This facility included eight bus bays, a glass-enclosed terminal building, a plaza area, and a parking garage.
We helped evaluate and safe-off all existing circuitry for demolition. During construction, we took special care to maintain the station’s life safety systems.
The client sought to modernize the Civic Center Station to enhance the quality of service to their customers.
Dynalectric Colorado’s scope of work featured:
- Repair and recommissioning of the existing 325-kilovolt life safety generator
- New 1,200-ampere service and power distribution throughout the terminal
- Branch power for all devices and kiosks in the new terminal
- Heat trace systems for potable water and gutter freeze protection
- Installation and integration of a new fire alarm system
- Rough-in for all communication and audiovisual/information technology systems
- Lighting systems and controls throughout the terminal
The Regional Transportation District is the agency that operates public transit services in the Denver-Aurora-Boulder area of Colorado.